In 1911 Andy Thorsen Sr. started his plumbing business as a one man shop in a shed attached to his first home on 567 High Street in Turlock, CA. In 1916 Andy relocated to 214 Lander Avenue with the sign “Andy Thorsen The Plumber”.
In the early days, his work mainly consisted of simple plumbing with water storage tanks and wind driven pumps. As the demand for modern indoor plumbing increased, Andy’s business grew, and in 1933 Andy Thorsen the Plumber moved to 134 Lander Avenue to a larger facility.
As post war construction boomed across the nation, Thorsen’s grew with the continued increase in new homes and business construction.